Sunday 1 March 2015

February Favourites

Dearest readers, I'm so glad spring is almost here, when I saw youtubers like Lily Pebbles posting their 'February Favourites' I didn't know why until I realised that February is actually over! I'm now longing for longer, warmer days with flowers blossoming and the sun shining and it won't be long until I can wear shorts and pretty summer dresses. For now though my February favourites; 

I'll start with beauty favourites because I really don't have many this month. I haven't been shopping and February is such a short month anyway so I haven't bought many new products! However, as the everlasting struggle with my eyebrows continues I decided to try the Collection Work The Colour Eyebrow Kit. Now I really wasn't expecting much from this product, I think it was around £3-4 but I was getting a bit desperate! Luckily I was pleasantly surprised, I use the middle colour which is a medium brown because the blonde was just too fair. The powder can be slightly crumbly but it's not a huge issue as the pigmentation is quite good. It comes with a clear brow mascara and a little applicator with an angled end and a rounded end which I used to begin with but I found using one of my Ecotools angled brushes worked a lot better. The brow mascara does seem to set the brows well but I've only had this product for 2 weeks and already it is running out! It is still a favourite though, for now at least. 


Ecotools angled brush

I've also been LOVING the Benefit RollerLash Mascara which was recently released. I have got a whole blog post for that on Wednesday but I felt I had to include it in my favourites because I love it so much. It does exactly what it says, lifts and curls my lashes making my eyes appear more open! 

My only other makeup favourite isn't actually a product, it is my Zoella makeup bag which I received as a birthday present. I love the bright colours on this and I was surprised by how spacious it is! I can fit all my daily makeup in the plus my tangle teezer and a pack of cotton wool buds which is so useful for when I have morning training and need to take everything into school with me! The only improvement would be to add a little divider or a pocket to separate smaller products! 
Makeup envy
Elnett Heat Protector 
Hair wise I have one standout product which is the L'oreal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Styling Spray for volume. I bought this after one of my friends had the straightening one and I fell in love with the smell. It is so difficult to explain the smell but it's a clean, fresh but slightly sweet smell. I also love the packaging! When I put it on my hair before hair-drying or straightening i really feel like it is protecting my hair!  While it isn't an actual product, I'm so happy with my haircut! I've had around 5 inches off and it feels so much healthier now and it's easier to manage. I can't believe how smooth and silky it is all the time now and the ends are so much healthier. I am sad that I can't do a halo braid or milkmaid braid anymore but (hopefully) when I curl it, the curls will stay in now! 
     
Mopchop!
The rest of my favourites are quite random but I've got three app favourites at the moment. Vinted and Ebay are quite similar as they are both shopping apps but with Vinted you don't bid on an item, you just buy it there and then. All of the sellers are so friendly and I've already made 3 purchases on it. I really recommend it to anyone who loves fashion and is looking for bargains, some of the products are slightly strange but in general there are a lot of high-street items for good prices. I bought a £100 Ted Baker playsuit for £15!!!! Ebay is more well-known than Vinted but I love it too. Ebay seems to have a cleaner layout and I quite enjoy bidding on different items! Although I did have a near-miss when I accidentally bid on an item I really didn't want! 

My phone continually causes me problems when it runs out of battery with 40% left so I invested in an Anker Portable Battery which has saved my life. The charge lasts so long and it's really useful for me to take to rowing events or shopping etc when I don't know if i'll be able to find a plug socket! I don't know why I didn't buy one sooner! 


Music has been a really big part of this month and I'm not quite sure why, perhaps because all I seem to have done is school work! I've fallen in love with Kodaline's new album 'Coming Up for Air'. I love pretty much all the songs on the album, they're great to listen to while working as they're quite guitar-y and calming. My two favourites are 'The One' for its beautiful lyrics and 'Love Will Set You Free' (I'm a hopeless romantic!). I also seem to be obsessed with the glorious Taylor Swift at the moment. She can do no wrong whether it's with her music, her cute cats or being one of the best and kindest singers out there right now. Style is one of my most listened to songs EVER (almost 2000 times) and Shake It Off is my favourite to sing along to in my car!  I love her style (no pun intended) too and her makeup and hair is always flawless. 



I've also been taking my self down a little tour of memory lane by listening to a lot of Disney music. My favourite song is probably Belle from Beauty and the Beast or one from the Little Mermaid!  I watched  Barbie of Swan Lake the other day which was one of my favourite films when I was younger and I enjoyed it so much!!! 

Hopefully next month there will be some more beauty related favourites! Hope you enjoyed this post! What've you been loving this month? 


Much Love
Charlotte
XO

P.S. Lent update- It's all going well so far, I haven't slipped up once and I'm starting to forget that I even want it anymore!! 













2 comments:

  1. That Zoella bag is so cute. Love the things you showed. Great post.

    LEJA
    justabriefmoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is I love it! aw thank you so much, i'm glad you enjoyed it! x

      Delete