Tuesday 24 November 2015

Acceptance

It's been far too long since I last posted- apologise but here is a mid-week post to make up for it! 

If you were truly honest with yourself do you think you really accept yourself for who you are, flaws and all. Or do you constantly wish to change something about yourself like your big nose, your tummy fat or your chubby legs. I'm sure, like me, majority of you are in the latter group, but it's not your fault (and it's probably not even true!)

We live in a society where doubting yourself, striving for an unattainable perfection and knocking yourself down is the norm. How many people do you hear actually say they like things about themselves on a regular basis? Or if they do someone will reply with a sarky comment or they'll receive some rude words in return (this has happened to me before when I've tried to be confident and comment on part of my appearance). How many young teenage girl's profile pictures do you see with their friends commenting 'oh my god babe you look gorgeous' or 'ugh your face.. jealous' etc and generally the girl in question always replies 'hahaa says you' or 'no not really but thanks anyway' and continue to put themselves down. Now I realise some girls do this for attention as they just want people to confirm their perceived beauty but some genuinely think this about themselves and it's quite sad. We spend hours criticising every part of ourselves because we cannot accept who we are and now I've decided this needs to change. 

I don't want my sons or daughters growing up hating themselves because it is tiring and life is too short. I want them to grow up happy with their body and their personality. Not worry if perhaps their laugh is a bit odd or if they have a mole on their skin etc. It's these little quirks and perfect imperfections that make us all unique. 

I want to help promote self-acceptance because I really don't think enough people are truly happy with who they are (me included). Why should we feel ashamed with what/who we are and what gives people the right to make you feel that way?? Be strong in yourself and know that you are good enough or pretty enough or clever enough. Know that it doesn't matter what other people think of you, the only thing that is important is that YOU know you are a good, kind person and that actually you are beautiful. 

In the end we're all going to die and the years you've spent worrying you weren't good enough or you weren't perfect will be wasted years you could've spent being yourself and just being happy, so make the change now before it's too late! 


Thanks for reading!
Charlotte
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment