Sunday 29 November 2015

Autumn/Winter Essentials

December is almost upon us now and as much as I do love autumn/winter and I'm so excited for Christmas and New Year's Eve it can be a struggle to get through winter without some of these essentials!


  • LIPBALM. First and foremost lipbalm is so important, there is nothing worse than dry, cracked lips that just get more and more painful! My favourites are Palmers cocoa lip balm or the classic Carmex
  • Moisturiser. Similarly to dry lips, there is also nothing worse than dry hands so a good moisturiser is essential!
  • Scarves are my favourite accessory in winter, just as much as they can add to an outfit, they give surprising warmth and I'm definitely going to be wearing mine everyday!
  • Jumpers are the one winter essential that everyone loves to own. I have so many, especially turtle neck/roll necks. I keep buying them and buying them and buying them. I think the style really suits me and they're super easy to wear. 
  • Dressing gown. I may sound like an old woman but I love nothing more than cosying up in my dressing gown with an essential hot chocolate to watch a Christmas film (it's November, it's acceptable okay!) or the X factor on a Saturday night. Mine is so soft and covered in hearts, I find it super comforting and the hood makes it soooo cosy
  • Hats. This year seems to be a super windy year so it's the perfect excuse to throw on a cute little beanie to keep your hair tame. But hats also keep you surprisingly warm (who knew eh?) 
  • An Electric Blanket is something I never knew I needed until I had one. It is the most incredible thing I currently own. There is no feeling quite like getting into bed and it's already warm and toasty for you and there's no need to do the bed warming dance (you know the one where you wriggle all about to warm every inch of the bed? We all do it don't lie).
  • Coffee is key. It'll warm up your insides and your hands all at the same time. What more is there to say really?
  • Boots are 100% the essential winter shoe. It's no good having a bit of your ankle showing when its about 3 degrees outside. I've had my little furry brown Topshop boots for almost 2 years now (I mentioned them in a post about a year ago)  and they're still going strong but I am definitely eyeing up these beauties from River Island, they have the perfect heel size (basically nothing, ideal for someone who doesn't want to be any taller) and they are a lovely material and shape (i'm obsessed someone pls buy them for me?)
  • Thick woolly socks, because lets face it there is nothing worse than cold, numb feet! 
Hope this 10 essentials help you survive the cold winter months. If all else fails get into bed, hibernate and come out in about April/May when the sun decides to shine again! 

Thanks for Reading!
Charlotte
XO





No comments:

Post a Comment