Thursday 5 June 2014

May Favourites!

Hello everybody! As we are now into June and supposedly summer (although the weather outside says differently) I thought I would share with you what my favourite things have been throughout the month of May!

Firstly, makeup favourites. I have been loving the RealTechniques Core Collection brushes. Obviously I'm quite late to the bandwagon on this but I adore the pointed foundation brush and the buffing brush. My previous foundation brush always left the foundation feeling thick and heavy on my skin but now with the RealTechniques brush application is a lot lighter.


 For my eyes I decided to try out Rimmel London Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves mascara. I've been in love with the standard Scandaleyes since it came out so I was excited to try the new version. The Rockin' Curves brush is different to the Scandaleyes brush as it is curved (as it's name suggests.....genius) and application is less clumpy and leaves my lashes long and defined with just the right amount of volume. It also works a treat on my bottom lashes, making them appear longer and thicker. I love the thinness of the wand at the tip too as it makes reaching the smaller lashes in the corner of my eyes so much easier without getting mascara all around! I think for my lashes the standard Scandaleyes provides more volume but the Rockin' Curves gives less clumps and considerably longer lashes. 


Rockin' Curves wand
Scandaleyes wand










My favourite nail colour at the moment is from the Barry M Gelly Shine collection in 'Green Berry'. When applied it comes out as a minty/turquoisey green. It is perfect for summer and makes me look slightly more tanned (anything that makes me seem less pale is always a favourite of mine!). Generally I use two coats to get even coverage but once on it really does shine, it is such a pretty, vibrant colour and is definitely my go-to shade for summer! 



Now onto my favourite part....food! I've been really trying to be healthy recently and so I've cut back on chocolate, cookies etc and turned to Jordans Frusli bars. My favourite is currently the apples & sultanas with a hint of cinnamon (I'm a sucker for anything with cinnamon) but I also love the Juicy Red Berries too! They're just the right size to leave me satisfied but with less guilt than a chocolate bar! 

I've eaten out multiple times at Pizza Express last month and each time I had the Pomodoro Pesto with added chicken. To start with I adore pizza but add pesto, chicken and additional Parmesan and it tastes like heaven in my mouth (I'm not even joking!). The Mozzarella and Tomato salad (with pesto) is also so so delicious, I highly recommend it.

 I also had a meal out for the Rowers Ball where I had Goats Cheese crostini which was delightful and followed that with a huge filo basket with beans and vegetables and a gorgeous salad. To finish was lemon cheesecake but it was a little too much and I couldn't finish it! 
The glorious crostini




Cheesecake!

Even though I said I was cutting back on unhealthy foods I did make my heavenly (if I do say so myself) white chocolate and raspberry brownies. They're always popular when I take them to rowing events so naturally I made them (four tins to be exact) for National Schools and they went down a treat. I may do a blog  post on how to make them (if I'm feeling kind and want to share my secrets). 

Don't they look delightful!


Music wise I recently discovered Fred V & Graphics- Major Happy and it has been my go-to song if I've been feeling down as it instantly lifts my mood (hence the name) and it's also perfect for when I workout. Another favourite of mine this month has been Take Me Home by Cash Cash ft Bebe Rexha, like Major Happy it really cheers me up and I have a feeling it will feature heavily on my summer playlist! I'm being 100% serious when I say I had it on repeat for three days solid. THREE DAYS. 

Sam Smith has been one of my favourite artists for a while now and I have fallen in love with 'Make It To Me'. His voice resembles what I can only imagine an heaven might sound like. And of course One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer have been in my top plays this month, not only because I love them both dearly but because I'm going to the Where We Are tour on Saturday (a blog post will definitely follow). 

Due to exams and revision I haven't had a chance to watch a great deal of TV but of course I've been watching Made in Chelsea on catch-up when I've had time. Tyger-Drew Honey's new series about teenage life has been so interesting as it's nice to see things from a male perspective. Often I feel I get wrapped up in how difficult it is being a teenage girl in today's society but I realise it is also challenging to be a boy too (although I think girls still have it harder... No bias there I promise!).

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I loved during May, I'd love to know what you've been loving this past month so let me know in the comments and feel follow me, would be much appreciated and I'll definitely follow back!

Much Love
Charlotte
xo




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this :) I have loads of the real techniques brushes but have never gone and bought the core collection just because I'm not a huuge fan of those pointed foundation brushes but after what you said I'm definitely going to go and buy it! We also seem pretty similar from your first post so I'm excited to read more of your blog posts :) xx

    follow my blog: taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just posted a Top 3 Drugstore Concealer, I think you may enjoy it..? You might not but if you have the time, could you give it read?xx

    ReplyDelete