Monday 16 June 2014

Wembley 7th June

Hi everyone! Hope you're all well and have been enjoying this delightful sunshine! On Friday 6th of June I ventured down to the glorious city of London with one of my best friends for a post-exam break and of course to see One Direction and 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Before going to the concert we decided to go to Westfield at White City for some window shopping and glorious food. Being a lover of halloumi and houmous the obvious choice was The Real Greek. We shared a platter and a chicken skewer and it's safe to say we were not disappointed! The meal was rounded off with a dessert that provides many memories of my World Challenge trip, BAKLAVA. Normally I don't like nuts but there is something about the honeyed sweetness of the baklava and the pastry that makes it so heavenly. I then went and bought some more at one of the stalls inside!!

Due to a lack of money the only thing I bought was a new lipstick for the end of year Summer Ball on the 28th June. After scouring for a nice pinky tone I discovered the Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in shade 05. It applies smoothly and tastes delightful, perhaps a slightly cherry flavour. I wore it for the concert the next day and it stayed for at least 6 hours so I was very impressed. 

As Saturday loomed we spent the night in the bar of the hotel having a drink and listening to One Direction on repeat..well what else were we supposed to listen to?! We then went up to our room, supposedly to get an early night, instead it was spent dancing around our room to.....you guessed it more 1D and deciding on our outfits. Sleep did not come easily that night. 

Outfit choices! 
We woke on Saturday, had breakfast full of excitement and anticipation and headed to Westfield again, originally to see a film but in the end we decided to shop more, stopping at a chocolate cafe to have an iced chocolate and a free chocolate...heaven! I, regretfully, entered Urban Outfitters and wanted everything inside, the same happened with Topshop (they're on top form at the moment with their clothes) and eventually to my all time favourite bath and shower shop, Rituals. I made a little purchase of the T'ai Chi White Lotus and Green Tea foaming shower gel sensation. It smells heavenly, it had been almost a year since I purchased my last one so I felt it an essential purchase...honest. The way it lathers onto your skin is divine and the smell lingers all day. A quick stop to Nandos was of course vital before leaving. Again, I had halloumi in a chicken pitta with sweet potato mash which I loved and will definitely be having again. On the way out we stopped at HMV and I discovered One Direction tattoos so naturally I had to buy some for us to apply for the concert. 

Some of the tattoos! 
We headed back to the hotel to get ready and apply our tattoos, all whilst listening to One Direction and 5SOS. We arrived at Wembley at 4ish and queued and queued and queued. Inside we made quick necessary merchandise purchases and ran to our standing section which was already quite packed. Waiting seemed endless and crowded but the music kept us going. 5 Seconds of Summer came on around 6;30 (I think, I lost track of time!) and they were INCREDIBLE. I knew from the Take Me Home Tour they were good live but at Wembley they were on fire. So so talented and so so attractive! I felt quite proud of them, from small YouTube videos at home in Australia to Wembley Stadium in a few years is quite an achievement.
Merch!! 

5SOS
Then it was time for what I'd been waiting for for over a year. One Direction came on and I crumbled. The anticipation built as the introduction video played and as soon as I heard the intro to Midnight Memories I screamed louder and more 'girly' than I knew I could! Harry as always looked ridiculously attractive with his chiseled cheek bones, incredible dimples and general being. Liam and Harry were on point with their vocals and Niall was amazing at getting the crowd going and you could tell all 5 of them were loving every moment. Unfortunately my pictures are pretty bad quality but thanks to tumblr  I managed to find many HQ photos of the night. My videos, however, are actually quite good, although I'm yet to watch all of them. I know that the memories of the night will never fade! Twice my phone memory was full so i had to frantically delete numerous pictures and apps, fingers crossed I haven't deleted any important photos! We left the concert in considerable pain from standing continuously for 6 hours combined with jumping and dancing to the music. Being a naturally shy, anxious person I was worried I would let the crowd get the better of me and I wouldn't enjoy it as much but as soon as the music started I forgot there were 79,999 other people in the stadium! I actually spoke to quite a few people which for me is a real achievement!  
Hi Harry! 

Packed! 
Walking back from the concert I had a permanent smile on my face and kept reliving my favourite songs. I teared up a lot in Don't Forget Where You Belong, Moments, Little Things and You&I! I still relive it all now, over a week on! I cannot wait for the next time I see them live, it cements the fact that they are actually real people. That may sound quite strange but to see them 20m in front of you is quite something when you idolise them and dream about what it would be like to meet them. 

The days following the concert I had the boys blasting on full volume to get over the post-concert blues! Now I'm back at school and starting A2 level work which isn't great fun but it's lovely to be back with all my friends! 

I hope you enjoyed this post, apologise for the length again, I really enjoy writing this!! 


Much Love
Charlotte
xo


Now a few photos from the night! 



Nialllll

Cheekbones.....

<3



I loved what he was wearing! 

#Proud




Speechless 
End of the night :( 



1 comment:

  1. I went to see 1D on the 6th and I loved it so much!! It was one of the best nights of my life!!! I wrote a post on it as well hahah x

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete