Sunday 4 October 2015

Trust In Change

My favourite vlogging family, The Michalaks, always start their vlogs with a quote or a little motivational phrase and this weeks was quite apt for what I wanted to blog about. 





'Trust in Change'

I used to hate change. For years I have had a set routine for every day of every week and it worked. I'd get up at the same time, go to school and training at the same time and I'd get home and sleep at the same time. My school days had an exact routine that I followed every week. To a lot of people this probably sounds so boring but I'm not saying each day was like groundhog day and I did do a lot of spontaneous things, but  security and continuity are things I definitely need in my life. 

So, when it came to moving to a completely new city, 3 hours away from my family and only knowing a few people who would soon be leaving anyway, it's safe to say I was so far out of my comfort zone. Aside from the aspect of moving to a new place, I was also starting a whole new job in the real adult world and it was a huge step up from being in my sheltered school environment and living at home where my parents did so much for me.

But I have started to settle in, and yes I do have a routine but a change has been so good for me. I already feel so much more confident, I'm learning more about myself and what I'm capable of and I feel so independent, like I can actually survive as an adult. Admittedly it is early days and I know there are a lot of mistakes to be made on the way but this change has definitely been a good thing. 

So why is change a good thing?  Well, it allows you to grow and develop as you experience new things and new people. Getting away from my old environment was one of the best decisions. I could've stayed at home and got a crappy waitress job and not met people that can actually help me with my goals and dreams like I already have here. Additionally, it helps you realise what is most important to you in life and it opens doors to new opportunities, encounters and meeting new people. I've done so much in one month and met so many new people and made new connections I just know it's going to be such a positive gap year for me and not going through clearing was the right decision! 

So welcome change, don't fear it. Allow it to happen and don't resist it. You never know, it may be the best thing that's ever happened to you! 


Thanks for reading,
Charlotte
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment