Sunday 18 October 2015

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 / Review

It's been months and months since a sole makeup post, probably because I haven't found something I could write a whole post about but this eyeshadow palette is something special. I wish I'd taken pictures of the palette before I used it but I forgot so sorry for the slightly less-than pretty pictures! 

I've been so desperate for any Makeup Revolution products for about 7-8 months since the brand first really blew the makeup world away with the quality but ridiculously low prices. The eyeshadow palettes were the first things I set my eyes on and the main things I really wanted to buy so it only seems fitting that it was the gorgeous Redemption Palette Iconic 3 that I chose! 

This palette has 12 shades ranging from rose-gold tomes to darker brown shimmers and grey tones. I LOVE IT. I pretty much chose it soley for the pink-copper tones, I've got the Urban Decay Naked Palette so I didn't really want any more browny-neutral shades and I felt my makeup collection was lacking pinks and rose-goldy tones. Now it is the first palette I reach for on a daily basis. 

The shades don't seem to have names but I have some definite favourites. The brown shimmer tones are quite deceiving, when I first used them I expected a brown shimmer but they come out with much more pink undertones than I was prepared for but I love them. 

My most used shade is probably the matte pink-brown shade. It's the perfect 'no makeup' makeup look and I tend to wear this to work, on the days when I can be bothered to put on a bit more makeup! The matte shade applied gently to the eyelid adds a little colour but is simple and not OTT for a day at work.
Swatches- which are surprisingly difficult to get right! 

The staying power of the shadows is INCREDIBLE. I wore it for a night out, got home and forgot to take my makeup off (naughty I know but I was tired ok). I woke the next morning, had to rush out to work and didn't have time to take it off and freshen up my makeup but I got home an hour later and I was so surprised to see that the shadows literally had not moved. Not even a tiny millimetre. The highlighting shade was exactly where I left it, the crease shade was still there and the main base shadow hadn't budged. 

The pigmentation is also pretty decent. I actually had to re-do my eye makeup the other day because I under-estimated how pigmented the shade would be. I put a fairly decent amount on my brush, started to apply it to my lids and I was shocked at how pigmented it was! 

One thing I'm not a fan of is the double-ended applicator it comes with. I HATE these things so much as I never found a decent use for one because the application is horrible. But, I used one end when I forgot one of my eyeshadow brushes and had to use it under my eyes and it worked relatively well so it's not all bad! Another slight negative is that some shades, particularly the mattes can be a little crumbly when applying the shadow to your brush. However, if you just pat your brush over it you can collect it up and apply it to your eyes, wasting is not an option. 

I cannot recommend this palette more and I can't wait to buy more Makeup Revolution products in the very near future. Such great products for such a cheap price you really can't go wrong! 

Thanks for Reading
Charlotte
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment