Sunday 15 February 2015

Apocalips Lip Lacquer // Review

Now, when it comes to lip colour I tend to keep it simple because I'm scared of looking odd with a big bold colour on my lips. I never buy that many lipsticks or glosses because I'm worried I'll be wasting my money on a product that won't suit me. 

However, I recently bought two of the Rimmel London Lip Lacquers. I realise I'm a bit late to the party as these have been out for a while but I've only just plucked up the courage to try some! I bought Celestial which is a lovely simple, quite natural looking pink and also a matte velvet called Meteoric Matte which is a gorgeous dark berry/burgundy. 

I've wanted Celestial for a while and I'm so happy I bought it because I know I'll wear it a lot because it is such a usable colour. The matte velvet was quite a bold move for me but I'm very pleased I chose it because it is a really beautiful colour and I think it quite suits my skin tone! 
Celestial 

The application of these lacquers I find is so easy and the staying power of both is amazing. I tested mine during a stay at home day so I was eating and drinking but they still stayed on fairly well. With Meteoric Matte especially, because it is quite dark, you do have to be careful when applying on the top lip as I've got some on my skin before and it turns out it is quite difficult to get off as it stains the skin a little. However that's nothing a little concealer won't solve. I have also got some on my top teeth numerous times (god knows how!?) but it comes off so easily. 

Meteoric Matte



My only issue with this product is actually sue to my own clumsiness because I've managed to get some on my clothes already (I'm such a messy person). Hopefully it'll come out in the wash but water on its own wasn't good enough to get it off straight away! 
Overall though I highly recommend these lip products for anyone and everyone and I really want to buy more. What are your favourite colours from this collection?


Much Love
Charlotte 
XO

P.s I will get some pics of them soon! 
EDIT: pics are up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment