Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites

January has been a month of trying new things! Its safe to say I've really enjoyed it so here are some of my favourite things this month!

After running out of the Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser I purchased the Garnier Mattifying Face Cream. The first thing I noticed about this was the scent of it which was quite fresh and actually a nice surprise when I put it on. I chose the mattifying one because I do get quite oily skin and I think I have noticed a subtle difference in the oilyness of my skin, as the day progresses my skin does appear less oily! 

My Zoella makeup bag was one of my favourite birthday presents as it is so spacious to fit my daily essentials in but it is also such a bright happy colour. I also have serious eyebrow envy! 





I mentioned in a previous favourites my love and adoration for the EOS lip balms. Winter has not been kind to my skin or lips, especially since being ill. Luckily I was given another Sweet Mint balm for Christmas because I've been using this repetitively. I really want to try some of the other scents/flavours so let me know your recommendations! 

Ever since I was a young girl I wanted long hair that would cover my boobs so I could be like Ariel and now my hair is almost down to my waist and I love it. But I've decided it's too long now and managing it is so tedious. So I've decided to cut it by about 3-4inches. But I've been trying to make the most of it for the last month so I bought some velvet bows from New Look and I LOVE them. I think they have quite a 'preppy' look and they're so so cute. I've also been so impressed by my Hair2Day Straightners which are specifically for long, thick hair (ironic now I'm having it cut!). They straighten my hair quickly and easily whilst leaving a really soft, smooth, silky finish. I think the silky finish has been helped by a new Elvive Shampoo and Conditioner. When I first used it, I applied the shampoo and washed it out but my hair felt like normal. Then, I put the conditioner in and my jaw just dropped. I have honestly never felt hair so smooth and silky in my life, I can't recommend it more! 





My scent for this month is YSL Black Opium. I first smelt this before Christmas and fell head over heels in love with it, I sprayed it onto a little card and kept it for weeks until the smell faded. I put it on my Christmas AND birthday list. When I didn't open it at Christmas I waited and finally unwrapped it on my birthday. It is the only thing I have worn since and I'm so in love with it! 

Another gift I unwrapped on my birthday was the Urban Decay Naked palette and I was ecstatic. I've wanted it for so so long and I've used it every time I go to an event or out for a meal. My favourite shades are Naked which I think is a really nice base, Half-Baked which is such a lovely gold sparkle/shimmer and Toasted which is more of a rose-gold shimmer.I can't wait to experiment more with this palette and  it has spurred me to buy more and more makeup. 




Non-makeup favourites of this month include The Only Way Is Essex (please don't judge me) and Silent Witness. I realise these two programmes completely contrast each other but I love them both. TOWIE is so entertaining and I actually really love the makeup that some of the girls wear (when it's not too orange). Silent Witness is so gripping and I find it so interesting. I'm always trying to guess what's happened but I rarely get it right!

I've been trying to be healthier this month and I've definitely cut back on chocolate but I think I've compromised chocolate for sugar because I've been drinking copious amounts of orange, orange and mango or orange, lemon and pineapple squash. The third one may sound slightly strange but it is delicious and so refreshing.

How has your January been? Any favourites that I should try out? 



Much Love
Charlotte
XO


2 comments:

  1. Now I know why your hair has looked so great lately <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Charlotte thank you! I'm having it cut soon though! 4 or so inches!! <3

      Delete