Friday 10 July 2015

Best Songs for Confidence

So this week has been dedicated to confidence and I thought I'd share my favourite songs for boosting my confidence. Some actually have a good message about confidence in them while others are just happy songs which I find cheer me up and make me feel a little more confident.


  1. Taylor Swift- Shake it Off. If you're not feeling so great about yourself, put this song on, dance around as crazy as you'd like and I guarantee you will feel better!
  2. Katy Perry- Roar or Firework. Roar is a powerful song and whenever I sing along to it I feel ready to take on anything (excuse the cheesiness!). The lyrics are quite empowering 'I am a champion', you don't get much more empowering than that!! Firework has always been one of my favourite songs too. Again it's a good song to dance to and just like Roar the lyrics are motivating and make me feel more confident.
  3. Oh Honey- Be Okay. I doubt many people know this song as I randomly discovered it on Spotify and had never heard of them before. As the title suggests the song literally tells you everything will BE OKAY. It's so upbeat and another one to dance to.
  4. Jessie J. There are 3 Jessie J songs that I find really fill me with confidence. Masterpiece is one of her newest songs and it is full of excellent lyrics which tell you a setback isn't a failure and that 'those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind'. Sexy Lady kind of does what it says on the tin. It's a fun, easy to dance to song that should fill all women with the confidence they deserve. Finally, Gold another confidence-boosting song and it's fun to sing along to at the top of your lungs in the shower (not that I know from experience of course!) 
  5. Bruno Mars- Just the way you are. I chose this for one simple reason, 'You're amazing, just the way you are'!! 
  6. Christina Aguileria- Beautiful. This isn't exactly a song you can dance around to but it has possibly the best meaning of all the songs in this list. 
  7. One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful. It wouldn't be a playlist made by me if I didn't put some One Direction in there. I love WMYB because it is a good one to dance around and sing to without a care in the world.
  8. Little Mix- We Are Who We Are. This song is slighlty cheesy and not to everyone's taste but I like the meaning behind it. 'Pretty's just a pretty word' and 'I'm the only me in this world' are some of my favourite lines.
  9. Wicked- Defying Gravity. I'm a big lover of musicals and my all time favourite is Wicked. This, along with 'For Good' are my two favourite songs from the musical. This song basically tells you that nothing is impossible and to be yourself and never stop until you reach your goal!
  10. Pharrell Williams- Happy. Just as with Shake it Off, put this track on, dance around and let go of any worries or anxiety. 
There are many more songs I love to listen to to feel more confident and happier but these are probably my top 10. If you have any recommendations, leave them in the comments so that I can have a listen! 

Thanks for reading!
Charlotte
XO




2 comments:

  1. I really like Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. I love listening Good For You by Selena Gomez.It's got a great beat. Lovely post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Beautiful, Christina Aguileria! Such a confidence boosting song! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete