Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Favourites

So here we are, the last day of 2014. To round up this year I thought I'd share with you some of my favourites of 2014. When I say favourites I don't just mean beauty but life favourites too (wait...I guess that's what memories are!) 

I'll start with beauty, I guess 2014 was the year I discovered makeup a bit more. I watched more tutorials, bought more products and practiced. While I'm yet to perfect doing my eyebrows and winged eyeliner can take at least half an hour to get even I am loving makeup, I just wish I had more. My two stand out brands this year are Rimmel and L'Oreal. I've used Rimmel mascara religously this year, from my all time favourite ScandalEyes Volume Flash to the more recent Wonder'Full mascara with Argan Oil (my favourite for daytime), I've loved them! Also for eyes, I've been using their 002 Smokey Brun Glam'Eyes Quad Eyeshadow palette so much and while I am desperate for the Urban Decay Naked Palette, the Rimmel one will suffice for now! I've also loved their 60 second nail polishes. The brush applies smoothly and covers pretty much the whole nail and the colour range is to die for! My favourites are the Caramel Cupcake, Too Cool to Tango and Ring a Ring O'Roses. L'Oreal's Brow Artist pencil has been my go to for my brows. If you've read previous posts you will be aware of my ongoing struggle with my brows but this pencil is definitely the best product I've found!
Caramel Cupcake
For my hair there is only one product that I have repeatedly bought over and over and that is my Argan Oil by Ogx beauty. I mentioned it in a previous favourites post and it deserves extra recognition because it makes my hair so silky soft! 

Social media has been a big part of 2014 for me. From developing my tumblr to catching up with the latest vlogs and videos on youtube and finishing series after series on Netflix. It's fair to say I have spent far too much time on the internet. But I guess for me it is my downtime. While I started the year in love with Alfie Deyes and Zoella (and I do still like them) I've discovered new YouTubers or just prefer to watch other vlogs. My top favourite is Hannah Maggs and her perfect little family. The amount of effort that goes into their vlogs is unbelievable and it's them I have to thank for my addiction to James Bay. Lily Pebbles is also another favourite. While I'm still so useless at makeup (especially in comparison to her) I love her weekly vlogs and her tutorials and her style is flawless (I have major wardrobe enzy)! I'm also dying to make her Brookies! Other favourites include Connor Franta, The Saccone-Joly's, Caspar Lee and Colleen and Rachel Ballinger/Miranda.


2014 was a big music year for me with the delightful sound of Sam Smith, the calming tones of James Bay and of course One Direction. Music has always been a release to me but especially this year (it does help that there are so many amazing artists!). My top songs from 2014 are:

  1. Happiness - Chris Malinchak ft MNEK
  2. FOUR Deluxe Edition - One Direction (you didn't expect me to pick a favourite did you?)
  3. Disconnected AND Amnesia - 5 Seconds of Summer
  4. Let It Go -James Bay
  5. You and I (Forever) - Jessie Ware
  6. Beautiful to Me - Olly Murs
  7. Lay Me Down (Acoustic) AND Stay With Me - Sam Smith 
  8. Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift
  9. Jubel - KIingande
  10. Day One- Hobbie Stuart (please go and subscribe to his YouTube channel because he is so underrated! 
So, now onto my favourite life moments of 2014! I could make multiple blog posts on this and it still wouldn't be enough so I'll keep it brief. Obviously,(almost) every moment with the rowers has been amazing, especially Seville and the Rowers Ball. Competing for Wales and making new friends  is a definite highlight and making a tumblr friend through rowing (shoutout to Amy) has been so great. I mentioned in my 'Friends are the family you choose' post how grateful I am for my friends sticking by me (in all my moods and through anxious times) so there's no need to do it again (thanks guys). 

My top highlights from this year are:
  1. Seeing One Direction at  Wembley
  2. Going to the Summer Ball
  3. Starting this blog
  4. Passing my driving test
  5. Becoming Captain of Boats
  6. Harry Styles replying to me on tumblr 
There are many more but I think you're probably all bored by now?

I wish you all the happiest new year ever! And thank you as always for reading my blog!

 Much Love
Charlotte
XO 
One Direction
The best night ever!

The Ball

Seville!






2 comments:

  1. Great post! Hope you have a good new year! xoxo

    realisings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete