Wednesday 1 July 2015

Comfort Zones

Comfort Zones are exactly that, comfy. We all love them and are often afraid to push past the boundary and into the unknown. But it's also something we have to do to grow and develop.

My comfort zone was recently tested when I had to drive all the way to Exeter and back (2 1/2 hours) for the uni open day. It was the furthest I had driven and I was so nervous but I had no choice, I had to do it. So, I thought myself through it the night before. I had a sat nav, I was with a friend, I'd written down additional directions and I didn't pass my test for no reason. 

The next morning I got in my car and I did it. I didn't crash, I didn't panic, yes I did get slightly lost but I made it! And I made it back. When I got home I actually felt so proud of myself. For a lot of you this may seem like nothing but to me it was quite a big deal! 

By doing this I now feel much more confident on my abilities, not just driving but pushing myself past my comfort zone in general. There are still so many circumstances that terrify me just thinking about them (right now it's uni!)  but I believe small steps are the best way to move forward. It is pointless trying to give a speech to 100,000 people if you can't give one to 10. 

To be really cheesy there's a quote which says 'life begins at the end of your comfort zone' and I really think it does! Push yourself and you never know what you might achieve! 

Thanks for reading! 
Charlotte 
XO


No comments:

Post a Comment