Monday 27 July 2015

What's Your Dream?

I love dreaming (hence my Tumblr URL f0rever-ddreaming). I regularly daydream just like we all do. From a young age we all dream. As a kid we dream of being older and being allowed to do more 'cool things that adults do'. As adults we dream of being young again and having no responsibility at all. Amongst this we also dream of achieving our goals, meeting our favourite celebs and idols to one day having a family of our own or a successful business. For me my dream is relatively simple but quite difficult to achieve. I dream of rowing to the highest standard I can, being successful and having a big, loving family with kids of my own. 

I think dreaming is good. Without it we would probably all live relatively mundane lives with no drive or determination. Dreaming of an exciting future motivates us  to train and work harder to be able to achieve our dreams. 

However, I also believe low expectations are a good thing. If we don't expect anything much to come of what we do, we can't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out but if it does it's really great! Jenna Marbles, queen of all things comedy on YouTube made a video about this recently and I agree with it so much.  

Having low expectations it doesn't mean you can't dream. By all means dream bigger and better than ever just don't expect amazing things to come from it because then you will only be disappointed when it doesn't turn out how you planned (let's face it nothing ever goes to plan 100%). 

While I dream (everyday) of rowing for GB eventually I don't have any expectation of it happening at all because I know how disappointed and upset I'll be if it doesn't happen but also how incredibly happy and proud of myself I will be if I do make it. 

So dream and enjoy it but don't expect miracles to happen. Work hard to make those dreams become reality and you shouldn't be disappointed! 

Thanks for reading! 
Charlotte
XO



No comments:

Post a Comment